The CAMBP Knowledge Base is a toolkit of continuously updated information to inform your beekeeping. Login as a member to access the full Knowledge Base.
Bees in the Neighborhood
Visit this resource to gain insight about beekeeping in an urban environment published by Dr. Elina Nino and Virginia Lj. Bolshakova
Links and downloadable information for laws and regulations related to beekeeping in California.
Pollen Analysis (Pilot Trial) MD and GA
In the summer of 2019, BIP conducted a pilot study to apprise the potential value of new diagnostic tools assessing pollen quality. In addition to testing the collaboration with a partner lab, it offered us the opportunity to judge the practical usefulness of the results provided to the beekeeper.
Defensive Honey Bee Resources
Visit this resource to gain insight and view resources about defensive honey bees.
Pollinator Education Program for Kids
Read more about our P.E.P. Program for kids HERE
Pollinators, including the honey bee, are an important part of our ecosystem and food security. Follow this resource to see how to plant for pollinator nutrition, protect against pesticide exposure, and help our native pollinator population.
Live Bee Removal Information
Visit our Live Bee Removal resource for information regarding removing and relocating swarms or colonies of honey bees in California.
Resources from the E.L. Niño Bee Lab
Visit our Lab website resources page for more great links to beekeeping information and research.
- 1st and 2nd Year Backyard Beekeeping- Northern California
- 1st and 2nd Year Backyard Beekeeping- Southern California
- Beekeeping Best Practices
- Gardening for Bees - What to Plant from Christine Casey, PhD
- UC Davis Bee Haven
- Water Sources for Bees, Christine Casey, PhD
- Exotic Bee ID
- Honey Bee Health Coalition
- Bee Watching Resources
- Entomology Department Blog: Bug Squad
- Bee Culture Magazine
- American Bee Journal
- Varroa Destructor Featured Creature University of Florida ANNOTATED 2021
- Shifts in honeybee foraging reveal historical changes in floral resources
- Honey bee foraged pollen reveals temporal changes in pollen protein
content and changes in forager choice for abundant versus high
- National Honey Board
- Bee Source
- Honey Bee Awareness day!
- American Mead Makers Association
- Heroes 2 Hives
- American Beekeeping Federation
- California State Beekeepers
- Bee Informed Partnership
- UC Davis Arboretum
- World Food Center
- Bohart Museum of Entomology
- A "Food Systems Thinking" Roadmap by Michael Roberts, UCLA
Use the following resources to help you teach others.