Marketing and Events Manager, Honey and Pollination Center
Robert Mondavi Institute
Liz Luu graduated from University of California, Davis, with a degree in Food Science and Technology. Her passion for food innovation and environmental sustainability led to an interest in entomophagy—the human use of insects and arachnids as food—and the creation of cricket hamburger patties with a student product development team. Furthering this interest, in 2014 she organized the Robert Mondavi Institute’s Bugs and Beer: Why Crickets and Kölsch Might be Matches Made in Heaven, an event that paired insect dishes with a variety of beers, and spotlighted the importance of insects as sustainable sources of protein. For the Honey and Pollination Center, Luu has organized symposia, short courses, lectures, tastings, and in 2017 she was the Social Media and Entertainment Manager for the first-ever California Honey Festival in Woodland, Calif., which drew a crowd of nearly 20,000.
- B.S., Food Science and Technology, UC Davis (2015)
- Marketing and Events Manager, Honey and Pollination Center, UC Davis (2015 - Present)
- Social Media Manager and Entertainment Director, California Honey Festival, Woodland, CA (2017 - Present)
- Student Assistant and Tour Manager, Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine and Food Science, UC Davis (2013 - 2015)
- Technical Services Intern, Seneca Foods Corporation, Modesto, CA (2013)