Outreach opportunities in the CAMBP are abundant.
Beneficial Educational Experiences or BEEs are encouraged at all levels of our program.
Effective January 2021, Apprentice Level members are responsible to perform and record a minimum of 10 hours of outreach each year to maintain active CAMBP Apprentice Level status. (BEE links below for your convenience)
Journey Level and Master Level members perform and record a minimum of 20 hours, 2 of which must be dedicated to continuing education. (CAMBP webinar, symposium, conference or training).
The following are pre-approved BEE activities:
- Presenting a bee-related lecture or workshop to non-beekeeping group (youth or adult).
- Holding office in a local beekeeping association.
- Assisting members of youth organizations (4-H, Scouts, FFA), etc. with a bee-related project.
- Successfully mentoring a new beekeeper through at least one season.
- Giving a public demonstration on beekeeping topic at fair, festival or similar public event.
- Other related volunteer work in the areas of hive management, bees and gardening.
- Publishing an article in a newsletter, a blog, or in a beekeeping trade journal.
- Swarm removal
Members are responsible for recording their BEEs to demonstrate their outreach.
San Diego CAMBP Apprentice level members, please update your BEEs here.
Davis CAMBP Apprentice level members, please update your BEEs here.
Davis CAMBP Journey level members, please update your BEES here.